Carbon Block is a Winnipeg-based environmental auditing technology firm. Founded in 2018, Carbon Block’s team brings over 35 years of combined experience in renewable energy and finance. Using proprietary technology, Carbon Block automates the environmental audit process, and uses a blockchain to record the data. The use of a blockchain also reduces costs associated with the sale and ultimate retirement of carbon offsets.
Carbon Block produces the highest quality carbon offset available anywhere. These carbon offsets are verified by Carbon Block’s hardware, backed by blockchain, and brokered between buyers and sellers.
Carbon Block seeks a full-time innovative Senior Software Developer to join our team and help build our Carbon Oracle platform. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, every day will present different challenges in this career opportunity. This position reports to the President & CEO.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the Senior Software Developer, you will assist us to build world-class software solutions alongside building a team of highly creative, cool, and easy-going developers. Carbon Block is dealing with brand-new technology opportunities and you need to be excited about continuously investigating new technologies and challenging the status quo.
- At least 6+ years of extensive hands-on software development experience
- Great sense of product ownership
- Extensive knowledge of software development and architecture
- A quick learner of new technologies, programming languages, and development platforms
- Effectively contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
- Receive feedback and work with stakeholders to continuously improve the applications
- Prior consulting experience would be a highly valued asset
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and “get things done” attitude
- High energy and creativity along with strong problem-solving skills
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.